Hello!

We tried a stromboli tonight. Years and years ago I had one that stuck in my head as terrible so I was always afraid to try it. The secret is thin, thin pizza crust.

Our pizza crust is half fresh whole wheat flour, if you don't have a mill then unbleached white is just as tasty :D

Crust:

3 cups warm water
3 cups warm whole wheat flour
2 Tbsp. yeast
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. sea salt

Unbleached White Flour - clean the bowl
We use a Bosch or Kitchen Aid, mix and let sit for a few minutes. Add unbleached white flour one cup at a time and mix - add until the sides of the bowl start to clean. Probably up to 3 cups. We are at high altitude where it's a bit drier, so take into consideration more flour if you have more humidity. Knead for 4 minutes. Let rest.

Roll out 2 thin rectangles, fairly thin, 1/4". Spread pizza sauce, pepperoni, sausage or hamburger - and a non-wet vegetable, onion or peppers. 

Roll up from the long end. Snip with scissors and bake at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes, switching them back and forth between racks. 

This was really good.!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

• Recent Status Updates

• Similar Content

• By Joyous Home
      Hello!
      We tried a stromboli tonight. Years and years ago I had one that stuck in my head as terrible so I was always afraid to try it. The secret is thin, thin pizza crust.
      Our pizza crust is half fresh whole wheat flour, if you don't have a mill then unbleached white is just as tasty
      Crust:
      3 cups warm water
      3 cups warm whole wheat flour
      2 Tbsp. yeast
      2 Tbsp. sugar
      1 Tbsp. sea salt
      Unbleached White Flour - clean the bowl
      We use a Bosch or Kitchen Aid, mix and let sit for a few minutes. Add unbleached white flour one cup at a time and mix - add until the sides of the bowl start to clean. Probably up to 3 cups. We are at high altitude where it's a bit drier, so take into consideration more flour if you have more humidity. Knead for 4 minutes. Let rest.
      Roll out 2 thin rectangles, fairly thin, 1/4". Spread pizza sauce, pepperoni, sausage or hamburger - and a non-wet vegetable, onion or peppers. Top with mozzarella. 
      Roll up from the long end. Snip with scissors and bake at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes, switching them back and forth between racks. 
      This was really good!

Important Information

Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.